Tuesday 12 October 2010

Preliminary Task - Front Page and Contents Draft

For our preliminary task we had to take photographs and edit them to create a front cover and a contents page for a school magazine.
During today's lesson we had to draw a sketch of what we want our front cover and contents page to look like. 
Here's the layout which I chose for my task:

  • For my front cover I chose to spread the main image across the centre of the page 
  • My cover stories are spread out across the main image
  • The bar-code and price are in the corner of the page 
  • The title of the magazine is 'PupilPerfect' 



The layout for my contents page:

  • The main cover story is on the left hand side with a image
  • All of the cover stories are along the right hand side of the page with the story headings with the page numbers
  • In the bottom right hand corner there are 4 images of feature stories with the correct page numbers to go with the relevant story
  • In the middle of the page there is a section where is tells you about stories that are featured on the fronmt cover of the magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment